The Fraise d’hiver strawberry
Fraise d’hiver vertical strawberries are grown in a 14-story indoor farm. Bringing together farmer’s know-how and the latest technological developments in precision agriculture, Winter Farm offers a superior quality berry all year long.
Picked when ripe, sweet and free of any trace of chemical pesticides, Fraise d’hiver vertical strawberries are the perfect choice for all consumers looking to buy local, even during the winter!
- 90% of the irrigation water used is recovered
- No harmful discharge into the environment
- Zero trace of chemical pesticides
- Transportation distance greatly reduced compared to imports
The taste of Quebec strawberries… all year round!
- Fraise d’hiver strawberries offer consumers a product that is picked when ripe, just like on a perfect July day. They grow in soil, receive optimal light energy and a constant, controlled water supply. We mainly grow Albion and Cléry strawberries.
Local purchases have a local impact!
- Choosing Fraise d’hiver vertical strawberries, a locally-grown fruit, has several benefits. It eliminates transportation required for imported strawberries, and the berries are completely free of any trace of chemical pesticides. 90% of the water used to irrigate the plants is recovered, and no harmful discharge is released into the environment. With their recyclable packaging, Fraise d’hiver strawberries are truly an environmentally friendly food! And you’re supporting local producers, too!
- Unlike greenhouse strawberries that partly depend on natural sunlight to grow, Winter Farm’s vertical farm is lit using artificial lighting exclusively. Thanks to water-cooled LED lights, it’s always nice and bright in the Winter Farm! The lights were specially developed to foster optimal growth of strawberry plants.
Enjoy local strawberries!
Spring, summer, fall and now, winter… No need to forego local flavours in your favourite recipes!
Fraise d’hiver strawberries bring freshness and colour to your breakfast, daytime meals and desserts.
Strawberry breakfast bars
Shrimp tacos and strawberry salsa
Whit chocolate and strawberry pie
Find it at a grocery store near you
The Fraise d’hiver strawberry will gradually make its way to IGA grocery store shelves throughout 2023 and will be available across Quebec at the beginning of 2024. Watch for its arrival and send us your comments!